Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fashion and am update

First and foremost an update on my last blog: The Lord has definitely been softening my heart to the people I have had a hard time loving how Christ loved. He is teaching me how to yearn to love others, not just want and try to love them, but to truly desire to serve and love them through the strength of the Holy Spirit. This is not going to be a one timer or a quick lesson to learn, but I continue to hope and pray that I am a quick study and I understand this in my heart soon. I have been praying for these people and have been treating them no different then I would anyone else and go figure it's starting to work! I'll continue to update until there is no other news on this, but for now this is all I've got for where I'm at.

On to the rest:

I think I may be stuck fashion-wise. I want to get more pieces that represent me in a way that I see myself and how I want others to see me, but you see I am embarking on a quest, if you will, of losing 15 lbs SO my dilemma is that I do not want to purchase clothes now, and have them either taken or just give them away in when I do finish losing the weight. I may have to indulge in some thrift store awesome-ness until I am at my goal.

I really want to have this sort of shabby chic/modern with a retro twist look about me, but I am not quite sure how to accomplish that. I have been searching for pieces that encompass all of those things yet are not too out of my price range. It seems to be more time consuming and labor-intensive then I thought. I wish I had the money to get a personal shopper and stylist... Maybe I'll win at the penny slots while in Reno this weekend and prove Cryn wrong. Knowing the odds and my luck, she will be right and I will loose ten bucks. Ha.

No comments: