Thursday, May 27, 2010

Anxious for Nothing

Sometimes I get an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's anxiety. I feel anxious but for no reason. It is fairly frustrating because when it starts, it always happens in my stomach and then I feel adrenenline in the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet (weird I know) and then I just feel like running away. I just have the urgent need to not be where I am or not be doing what I am doing. I really do not like it one bit. When I was younger I would do art projects until two in the morning just to get my mind off the feeling and to be doing something, now I just wait.

Recently I was reminded of an amazing verse which says "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7. When I start to feel this way I remember this verse, but I wish I could remember it even before I get worried over nothing.

I get anxious over nothing, but I need to learn to be anxious for nothing. I have faith that Jesus will work that miracle in me.

No comments: