So… I’ve been doing this diet thing. The whole concept is EAT LESS and MOVE MORE.
For YEARS my aunt has been telling me this very model of losing weight; finally I am listening. She also told me that I’d never be able to get rid of my lower belly pooch- “It’s something that ALL the Lombardi women have to deal with- it never goes away”. I’m going to try to prove her wrong. I’m fighting genetics here people!!
Get in the know:
It takes 3500 calories (ish) to lose one pound. That means to lose a pound per week you have to decrease your caloric intake and increase your caloric output (eat less and move more) totaling a decrease of 3500 calories per week. I eat about 1862 less calories per week and burn about 1630 per week. But- this last few weeks I’ve been failing.
I’ve actually been doing this for 10 weeks without any awesome results (I keep fluctuating- ugh). Lost two pounds and gain them back. lather. rinse. repeat.
I think I’m going to re-up my pledge and actually stick to it by posting here tips, what I’m eating and how I’m doing.
I feel like my blog might seem messy with all the different topics happening but such is life. You and I will both get over it.
Every time I post on this topic I will post how many pounds I have lost or gained (+3, -1 ect).
What I eat for breakfast:
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (1/3 cup dry and about 1 cup when it’s absorbed the water) with strawberries and other fresh fruit in it. I don’t add sugar or salt to this.
- 1 egg scrambled in a little bit of olive oil and some cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 B-12 pill (I’m deficient)
- 1 Allergy pill (I’m allergic to dairy and dust- this really helps)
- 1 Calcium/ Zinc/ Magnesium pill (I’m allergic to dairy)
- 8-16 oz of water (depending on how thirsty I am)
I call this about 350 calories. I’m not big on being exact, but when I’m in the general ballpark I’m happy.
Generally what I eat for snacks (I pick one or two of these per day to eat; not all of them at once- I'd go broke!!):
- Crunchy veggies (about two hand fulls of bell peppers, carrots, snap peas)
- Crunchy veggies have more fiber and fill you up. Also if you close your eyes and wish really hard- it's like you're eating a really gross potato chip.
- Granola bar
- Rice Chex (dry)
- Corn Flakes (dry)
- Sweet Fruit
Try not to exceed 200 calories per snack- I have three per day morning, afternoon and evening
Lunch & Dinner
Usually I eat the same thing for lunch and dinner (leftovers, yea boiiiee!)
Example of one meal (double it to make both lunch and dinner):
1/2 chicken breast
1 cup of frozen veggies
1/4 cup rice (3/4 cups when cooked)
splash of less sodium soy sauce (seriously like 1/8 of a teaspoon)
A few shakes of quite a few spices (cayenne pepper, chili pepper, garam masala, coriander & cumin)
So that’s it! Feel free to let me know what you do.