Tuesday, August 30, 2011

30 # in 30 Wks


So… I’ve been doing this diet thing. The whole concept is EAT LESS and MOVE MORE.
For YEARS my aunt has been telling me this very model of losing weight; finally I am listening. She also told me that I’d never be able to get rid of my lower belly pooch- “It’s something that ALL the Lombardi women have to deal with- it never goes away”. I’m going to try to prove her wrong. I’m fighting genetics here people!!

Get in the know:

It takes 3500 calories (ish) to lose one pound. That means to lose a pound per week you have to decrease your caloric intake and increase your caloric output (eat less and move more) totaling a decrease of 3500 calories per week. I eat about 1862 less calories per week and burn about 1630 per week. But- this last few weeks I’ve been failing.

I’ve actually been doing this for 10 weeks without any awesome results (I keep fluctuating- ugh). Lost two pounds and gain them back. lather. rinse. repeat.

I think I’m going to re-up my pledge and actually stick to it by posting here tips, what I’m eating and how I’m doing.

I feel like my blog might seem messy with all the different topics happening but such is life. You and I will both get over it.

Every time I post on this topic I will post how many pounds I have lost or gained (+3, -1 ect).

What I eat for breakfast:
  • 1/3 cup oatmeal (1/3 cup dry and about 1 cup when it’s absorbed the water) with strawberries and other fresh fruit in it. I don’t add sugar or salt to this.
  • 1 egg scrambled in a little bit of olive oil and some cherry tomatoes cut in half
  • 1 B-12 pill (I’m deficient)
  • 1 Allergy pill (I’m allergic to dairy and dust- this really helps)
  • 1 Calcium/ Zinc/ Magnesium pill (I’m allergic to dairy)
  • 8-16 oz of water (depending on how thirsty I am)

I call this about 350 calories. I’m not big on being exact, but when I’m in the general ballpark I’m happy.

Generally what I eat for snacks (I pick one or two of these per day to eat; not all of them at once- I'd go broke!!):
  • Crunchy veggies (about two hand fulls of bell peppers, carrots, snap peas)
    • Crunchy veggies have more fiber and fill you up. Also if you close your eyes and wish really hard- it's like you're eating a really gross potato chip.
  • Granola bar
  • Rice Chex (dry)
  • Corn Flakes (dry)
  • Sweet Fruit
Try not to exceed 200 calories per snack- I have three per day morning, afternoon and evening


Lunch & Dinner 
Usually I eat the same thing for lunch and dinner (leftovers, yea boiiiee!)

Example of one meal (double it to make both lunch and dinner):
1/2 chicken breast
1 cup of frozen veggies
1/4 cup rice (3/4 cups when cooked)
splash of less sodium soy sauce (seriously like 1/8 of a teaspoon)
A few shakes of quite a few spices (cayenne pepper, chili pepper, garam masala, coriander & cumin)

So that’s it! Feel free to let me know what you do.

No comments: