Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why do you blog?

I was reading the ba-gillion blogs that I regularly follow {Do you have any good ones? I constantly acquire more} and I was thinking “why do I blog”? All of these ladies and gents have things to say. They have projects to show, they have neat things to talk about, and places and gadgets to see.

I started blogging because of a class in school. I continued blogging because I wanted to be cool; but now…

*Cue Horace Silver’s Calcutta Cutie (which you can do below)*

I was am thinking about it {knowing me I’ll think about this a lot} and I think the reason that I blog is to just get the things out of my head {somewhat} organized, to show you what I’m doing, to tell other people what I think is cool and hopefully you’ll think it’s cool too but more then all of that I want to be able to show you what it looks like to follow Christ. I’m not perfect, and that’s okay. I want to be able to let you (or someone) see my life with the good and the messy and to show you {and remind myself} what it looks like for me to follow Christ.

My greatest desire is to be a woman who resembles Christ by clothing myself with strength and dignity, being joyful and when I speak being wise and kind (See Proverbs 31:25-26). I want to be able to say (along with Paul the Apostle) to the women that I am will be ministering to in Berkeley “Imitate meas I imitate Christ”. I am still will always be figuring out how to work this out in my life but I know that I’ll need to abide in Him, serve others because I have faith, keep His commandments, properly fear the Lord my God, love the Lord my God with my everything, and love my neighbor as myself. It’s a tall order, for sure, and I know that I will fail. I also know that all of my failures and sins (yours too) have been paid for by Christ living a perfect sinless life and dying as an innocent man. Because of this we have been reconciled to God and we can choose to accept or reject this. Either way you will change your life for eternity {and that's a long time}.

Now that you have this information, what are you going to do with it? Are you going to reject or accept? It’s your choice… sort of {1, 2, 3, 4) ;)

This was a little heavy for a Saturday, oops... so... Why do you blog?



No comments: