Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sanctuary Berkeley's First Service

Oh. My.Goodness.

This has been a crazy few weeks. Most importantly: SANCTUARY STARTED LAST SUNDAY!!!. Okay, I should have told you before, but seriously I was so busy I didn't even think about it (plus the 10 people that read this thing I know in person and told already). Good thing that this will be going on every Sunday at 10am, right?

I am so proud of the Sanctuary Team. They have become family and I love them.

We are meeting at Washington Elementary in Berkeley (see flyer below for details). The school is perfect. There is a beautiful space for the kids, a HUGE play yard, a large multi-use room (with chairs) that we are using for the sanctuary, a little area for coffee and goodies and a new friend, Rafael the Janitor.

This space is wonderful. It's what we needed. The Lord provided it and it's awesome.

There were people there that I've never met who had heard about the church through a website or from word of mouth. How awesome is that?! Some friends came down to visit us then we all went out for lunch at La Mission then we scooted over to get some coffee at Local 123.

I honestly feel spoiled to know that I will be spending my Sundays worshiping God in this beautiful city with my beautiful church family.


***

If you would like to know more about the church or would like to give to us please check it out here.

Here is the flyer that will tell you more about where to meet on Sunday's.

p.s. mid-week prayer is starting on Wednesdays at 7:00pm this week (I think it's this week). If you want info please sign up for the emails (they are sent out once or twice a month).

p.p.s. There will be a Superbowl party. You will want to attend. It's going to be totes clutch.

2 comments:

Jessica Johnson said...

Um... make that 11 people! Love that it took a blog in Oklahoma to connect us. Super excited for your church plant. Going to go check out the website now!

Bethany said...

Hi Jessica! 11 and counting!

I am excited for your church plant too. I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in the Bay!